My Experience with Family Court
A Survey for Custodial, Non-custodial, and/or Alienated / former Parents
Name: Optional: First _________________ Last : ___________________
1. My Divorce took place in the ____________ Family Court House. Fill in the blank: for example, San Diego, El Cajon, or Vista.
2. My Legal Separation, Divorce, and/or Custody Dispute or Battle fight took place over a _______ month/year period. Circle month or year, whichever one applies.
3. My Legal Separation, Divorce, and/or Custody Dispute took place from approximately _______
to _______. For example: 1999 to 2002.
4. Did your Custody Dispute over a child go on beyond your date of Divorce? Yes ____ No ____
If Yes, for how many more months or Years? ________ Months / Years.
5. During your Custody Dispute, were you the Custodial Parent or Non-custodial parent:
Custodial _____ Non-custodial _____. Mark whichever one applies.
6. At this point in time do you consider yourself a Parent, Custodial Parent, Non-custodial parent, or former parent? Parent _____ Custodial _____ Non-custodial ______ former parent _____
7. Did your Custody Dispute involve Allegations, or False Allegations of Domestic violence and/or Child Abuse? Yes ____ No ____. If Yes, on how many occasions? _______ time / times.
8. Were any of the Allegations true? Yes ____ No ____ Or they had a “grain” of truth ______
9. Did you lose custody of your Child or Children as a result of a court order, or because you could not / no longer afford a lawyer, mediator, and/or supervisor? Yes ____ No ____
10. Were lawyers involved in your case? Yes ____ No ____. If Yes, how many? _____
What were their names, and whose side were they on. Use space below or separate sheet of paper.
My Lawyers: ___________________________________________________________________
Spouse’s Lawyers: _______________________________________________________________
Minor’s Counsel: Yes _____ No _____ If Yes, what was his or her name: _____________________
11. Was a Family Court Services Mediator assigned to your case? Yes ____ No ____
If Yes, what was his or her name: ______________________________________
12. Was a Private Mediator also assigned to your case? Yes ____ No ____
If Yes, what was his or her name: _______________________________
13. Was a Therapist, Play therapist, and/or Psychologist assigned to your case? Yes ____ No ____
If Yes list their names: ___________________________________________________________
14. Was a psychological evaluation ordered for your case? Yes ____ No ____
If Yes, who was the evaluator: ____________________________________________________
15. Did your case involve a court appointed (i.e. professional) supervisor? Yes ____ No ____
If Yes, for how long? _______ months / years. What was the name of your supervisor(s):
________________________ _____________________ ______________________
16. Approx. how much Money did you, and/or your spouse, spend on your Divorce and/or Custody Dispute: I spent approx. __________ Dollars, and my spouse spent approx. __________ Dollars.
17. Was more than one Family Court Judge involved in your case? Yes ____ No ____
If Yes, how many? Circle the number of Judges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.
18. List the name, or names of the Judges that were involved in your case? ____________________
19. Do you presently have any contact with your child, or children? Yes ____ No ____
If No, do you feel that the Family Court had a part in alienating you from your Children:
Yes ____ No ____
20. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the Most, and 1 the least) how satisfied were you with the service that you received from the local Family Court? _______
21. If you were separated from your Child, or Children, as a result of a Family Court action, or inaction, for how many months or years were you separated for? _______ months /years.
22. Do you feel that the Money, or lack of it, played a part in the outcome of your custody dispute?
Yes ____ No ____.
23. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being a LOT, and 1 a little) how much would you say that Money played a part in the outcome of your custody dispute? _______ (write a Number in the blank).
May we use your name to help improve our courts? Yes ____ No ____
If yes please sign below and provide today’s Date. Otherwise leave blank.
Signature: _________________________ Today’s Date: _________________________________
Contact Information: Address or Mailing Address: _________________________________________
Phone # __________________ Email: __________________ Provide email info: Yes ____ No ____
Your contact information is optional.
If you wish to provide more comments about your case, use, and attach, additional pages.
Return completed survey to:
Family Court Survey, 243 S. Escondido Blvd. #305, Escondido, CA 92025
This survey is being conducted by local San Diego parents and former parents:
Your participation is important but voluntary.
Family Court Crooks Central